Boys Academy Workout sessions are run by Brad Armstrong (Coaching Director) and his team of experienced basketball specialists. These sessions are based around skill development in a small class environment and are our most popular and most effective sessions to improve your overall basketball game. Our small groups are constructed based on the player skill level and kept to 4-5 players per group.
Classes start at $20 per person, per session (cheaper the more you pre-purcahse). The Academy sessions will run weekly, with no end date. You can start and stop at any time.
Your first session is FREE, come down and see what it's all about,
Also for our existing members, bring a friend and you train for FREE on that day. If this is your friend's first time attending our Saturday Academy workouts, YOU train for FREE for that session.
We focus on the following skills:
- Preparing for State Championships & WABL Tryouts
- Ball handling & scoring off the dribble (with defence)
- Creating space and getting to the basket
- Game speed shooting & perimeter shooting
- Rebounding techniques
- Strength, conditioning & speed
- 1x1 & team defensive strategies
- Transition offence & defence
- Shooting mechanics
- Offensive & defensive footwork
Sessions are based on the players skill level, sessions run every week at the following times:
Boys WABL Academy:
Saturday 2:30pm – 4:00pm
2008 - 2004 born WABL boys
(must currently be playing in a WABL Team, not suitable for domestic players)
Classes are held at Christ Church Grammar School, Claremont.