FIRST SESSION IS FREE
Armstrong Basketball Academy has worked hard to establish Western Australia’s first WABL Academy just for girls.
We want you to come down and see what our Academy training sessions are all about as we endeavour to build this division of Armstrong Basketball into the most effective girls basketball training in WA.
We’ve listened to our athletes and understand there is a huge demand for advanced basketball development training focusing on the specific needs of our female athletes.
Sessions will be Saturdays 4:00pm - 5:30pm at our usual training centre, Christ Church Grammar School in Claremont. These session times may extend if demand requires.
Sessions will be run in a small group Academy environment with girls grouped together by age and / or skill level. We foster a supportive environment for current WABL players to improve their game and reach their playing potential.
Sessions are open for all WABL girls from U12 - U18. Please feel free to bring a friend or pass this on to any female WABL player, however please note players MUST be playing WABL in 2018.
These sessions are run by our experienced team:
- Brad Armstrong - Coaching Director
- Kisha Lee - US Division 1 College and WNBL & SBL Player
- Corban Wroe - US Division 1 College and NBL & SBL Player
- Kevin Tinayenda - DME Academy Florida, Perry Lakes Hawks
Classes start at $20 per person, per session (cheaper the more you pre-purchase). The Academy sessions will run weekly, with no end date. You can start and stop at any time.
Bring a friend and train for FREE. If this is your friend's first time attending our Saturday Academy workouts, YOU train for FREE
We focus on the following skills:
- Preparing for State Championships & WABL Tryouts
- Ball handling & scoring off the dribble (with defence)
- Creating space and getting to the basket
- Game speed shooting & perimeter shooting
- Rebounding techniques
- Strength, conditioning & speed
- 1x1 & team defensive strategies
- Transition offence & defence
- Shooting mechanics
- Offensive & defensive footwork
Full payment is required at time of registration and is non-refundable and non-transferable to other training sessions.